A picture of a Mumbo Token.
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
|Effect||Lets Mumbo Jumbo use his magical abilities|
Mumbo Tokens are shiny silver skulls that resemble the shape of Mumbo Jumbo's head. They first appear in the first game, Banjo-Kazooie as a way to activate Mumbo's transformation abilities.
 Banjo-Kazooie Transformations
Mumbo tokens are the currency that Mumbo accepted to change Banjo and Kazooie into different characters matching the world that they're in. Banjo and Kazooie will have to collect a certain amount of Mumbo tokens before Mumbo can activate his power. The number of tokens required for a transformation gets larger as the duo go the more difficult worlds in the game.
- Mumbo's Mountain: This is the first location of Mumbo's Skull in the whole game series. At Mumbo's Mountain, after collecting enough tokens, Mumbo will transform Banjo into a termite. With this transformation, Banjo will now be able to access areas of the mountain in which he never used to be able to access from his size. Banjo will also be able to run up and down steeper slopes more easily than before. Other enemy termites will generally not attack Banjo because they think that Banjo is one of them. Commonly, other termites will also make comments on Banjo's backpack, wishing they had one as well. Despite the many perks of this transformation, if other enemies try to attack Banjo, he is out of luck. Termite Banjo does not have the ability to attack anyone.
- Bubblegloop Swamp: This is the second Mumbo's Skull location in the game. At this location after collecting enough Mumbo tokens, Mumbo will transform Banjo into a crocodile. This transformation will give you access to Mr. Vile, who resides in a crocodile-shaped hut. He will then offer you a challenge of eating more Yumblies than him, and will offer a Jiggie if he can complete three rounds of his game. With this transformation, Banjo will also be able to travel through poisonous waters without being damaged by them. Unlike the transformation, Banjo and Tooie will lose honeycombs as a result of staying in poisonous water too long.
- Freezeezy Peaks: This is the third Mumbo's Skull location in the game. After collecting the required amount of Mumbo tokens, Mumbo will transform Banjo into a walrus. This transformation has a similar upside to the crocodile transformation. Because the walrus matches the environment it is in, like the crocodile in Bubblegloop Swamp, Banjo is walrus form will not be inflicted by damage coming from cold waters. This transformation of Banjo will also grant him access to more areas such as Wozza's cave in which both an empty honeycomb and Jinjo can be found. Banjo in this transformation can also participate in Boggy's first sled race.
- Mad Monster Mansion: This is the fourth Mumbo's Skull location in the game. Once the set amount of tokens has been collected and given to Mumbo, he will then transform Banjo into his pumpkin form. In this form, Banjo is much small than a lot of his surroundings. He will be able to get into the mansion through small openings. In this transformation, Banjo will also be able to fit down Loggo, a toilet notable in future games. Another special ability that the pumpkin transformation has is that it allowed Banjo to walk on the thorny hedges in Mad Monsters Mansion instead of going around them. Banjo can then jump across hedges to navigate around the hedge maze more easily due to the overhead view. This transformation is also needed outside of Mad Monster Mansion. In this transformation, Banjo will be able to access the small shed outside of the entrance of the world.
- Click Clock Wood: This is the final location of Mumbo's Skull in Banjo-Kazooie. Unlike other transformations in the game, Mumbo cannot transform Banjo whenever. There are four seasons in this world. Spring, summer, autumn, and winter, and Mumbo can only transform Banjo in the spring time. The final transformation in the game is Banjo's bee form. This transformation also costs the most amount of Mumbo tokens. In this transformation, Banjo will be able to fly at any time with out the usual need of Red Feathers or a Flight Pad. This transformation will allow Banjo to enter the nest. This transformation of Banjo also appears in a later game, Banjo Tooie, in the world, Cloud Cuckoo Land.
Mumbo Jumbo sometimes accidentally transforms Banjo into a washing machine, but corrects himself immediately. Ironically, a washing machine transformation happens in Banjo Tooie's Grunty Industries. Mumbo also talks about transforming Banjo into a dinosaur, but tells him that transformation will be saved for a later game. In Banjo Tooie's Terrydactyland, the transformation for Banjo is a dinosaur.
 Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
- Cliff Farm: This is the first transformation in Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's revenge. After beating Klungo for the first time in the game, Banjo will receive a Mumbo token-like object that he can give to Mumbo to transform him into a mouse. In this transformation, Banjo is able to get through small condensed areas that normally Banjo could not due to his size. Banjo in this transformation cannot go into water though, as well, he does not have any attacks.
- Bad Magic Bayou: This location is where the second transformation in the game takes place. Mumbo will transform Banjo into a candle form, which will then allow Banjo to access dark areas in which normally would be difficult for Banjo and Kazooie to navigate in. This form will also let Banjo light fuses and attacking enemies with his flame. Like Banjo's mouse form, his candlelight form will disappear if he enters water.
- Spiller's Harbor: This location is where the third transformation in the game takes place. In this world, Mumbo transformations Banjo into his octopus form. Just like the crocodile transformation in Banjo-Kazooie, the octopus form of Banjo will allow him to swim in toxic waters that Banjo normally would lose honeycombs for due to the pollution.
- Freezing Furnace: This location is where the fourth transformation in the game takes place. Mumbo ends up transforming Banjo in to a tank. In this transformation, Banjo gains many special abilities. Banjo will be able to attack enemies by shooting missles at them. Also, this form makes Banjo immune to acid in the game. The only downside to this transformation is that Banjo is unable to jump.
 Worlds Without Transformations
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge: Breegull Beach is the only world out of the main five in the game without a Mumbo's Skull for transformation.
Glowbos are magical pink creatures that appear in Banjo Tooie, and are new version of Mumbo tokens. There are two Glowbos in every world and are seen as a replacement for the previously used tokens. Glowbos, like the tokens, allow Mumbo, as well as Humba Wumba to use their special powers.
|Acorn | Banjo Statue | Beehive | Cheato Pages | Doubloons | Eggs | Feathers | Flight Pad | Glowbos | Jiggy | Mumbo Tokens | Musical Notes | Note Locked Doors | Turbo Trainers|
|Banjo-Kazooie | Banjo-Tooie | Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge | Banjo-Pilot | Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts|
Related ThreadsMumbo Token in Gobi's Valley - last post by @ Jun 17, 2008
Mumbo Token Locationz - last post by @ May 15, 2004