Weldar's caption in Banjo-Tooie
|Appearance||Large, black, looks like a real Weldar.|
Weldar is one of the hardest bosses to reach in Banjo-Tooie. He is located in the basement of Grunty Industries, however the door to the basement is sealed shut. There is a switch that opens the door but Banjo and Kazooie are too light to press it. The Humba Wumba transformation for Grunty Industries, the Washing Machine is heavy enough, but you can't get close enough to the switch to press it as a large magnet will pull you away.
To reach Weldar you have to use Mumbo's EMP spell to temporarily disable the magnet, then quickly transform into the Washing Machine and press the button that opens the door to the basement while the magnet is still malfunctioning.
Weldar has five different attacks, which is more than most of the bosses.
1. Weldar sits up and spits blue fireballs at you. This is a pretty standard projectile attack, doge it like you would any other, run.
2. Weldar sticks out his neck and tries to suck up Banjo as if he were some sort of vacuum cleaner; if he succeeds he will chew on you a bit then spit you back out. The best way to aviod this is to shoot a Fire Egg or a Grenade Egg into Weldar's mouth, he will swallow it instead, stopping the attack.
3. Weldar jumps high in the air and disappears. A small shadow appears above Banjo and follows him around slowly getting bigger. Once the shadow reaches a certain size it locks on and a few second later Weldar comes slamming down from above flattening anything he hits. To aviod this just run out of the way once the shadow locks on, it's easiest to just keep running around from the start of the attack.
4. Weldar spits out some Washups, Nuttas or Boltiods then sits back. Weldar will start off by spitting out 2 and then add one more each time. These guys are easy to kill and the last one always gives you a honeycomb.
5. Weldar activates the electric floor, this causes lines of electricity to run through the cracks in the floor forming a tight grid. This isn't really a normal attack and Weldar can still attack you while the floor is on. It's more of stage hazard.
 Defeating Weldar
When Weldar does his vacuum attack, shoot either a Fire Egg or Grenade egg into his mouth. It will travel up his neck and cause a small explosion inside his body, which will blow off one of his 12 patches. Once all of Weldar's patches have been blown off he will explode, and will tell you about your rewards for beating him.
Unlike most other bosses Weldar does not give you a Jiggy directly for beating him. Instead, defeating him stops a fan from spinning, allowing you to easily get a Jiggy that was previously impossible to get, as well as allowing you to reach a Cheato page somewhere else in the basement, and giving you access to a room that has another Jiggy you can obtain in by using Banjo's Shack Pack move from Hailfire Peaks.
 Banjo Kazooie:Nuts & Bolts
Weldar does not appear with a role in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, but, he appears as a weapon called "Weldar's Breath". It is a flamethrower attachment for your vehicles, and it resembles Weldar, accept it is a bright red color. Mumbo mentions having salvaged the part from Weldar himself.
|Boss Boom Box | Chilly Billy | Chilly Willy | Gruntilda Winkybunion | Klungo | Lord Woo Fak Fak | Mingy Jongo | Mr. Patch | Old King Coal | Targitzan |Terry | Weldar|
|Banjo-Kazooie | Banjo-Tooie | Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge | Banjo-Pilot | Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts|
Related Threadshow to get to Weldar - last post by @ Oct 5, 2001
How do you defeat Weldar? - last post by @ May 29, 2008