An image of an ordinary Glowbo.
|Series Appearance||Banjo Tooie|
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
|Effect||Allows Mumbo Jumbo and Humba Wumba to perform transformations.|
|Appearance||Pink, smooth, shiny, shy|
Glowbos are mysterious creatures which are put in place of Mumbo Tokens, used in the previous game, Banjo Kazooie. Glowbos are small creatures which glow and have magical powers. Mumbo Jumbo will need only 1 Glowbo for each world for you to get help from him. Humba Wumba will need only 1 Glowbo to transform you. Glowbos are usually found around Mumbo's Skull and Wumba's Wigwam, and they are quite easy to find.
 Banjo Tooie: Humba Wumba's Transformations
- Mayahem Temple: The first transformation in Banjo Tooie occurs in Mayahem Temple. Humba Wumba turns Banjo into a stone like figurine known as "Stony Banjo". In this transformation, Banjo will be able to understand the language of the other Stonies, and will also be able to participate in the kickball tournament with the Stonies in Mayhem Temple and Hailfire Peaks.
- Glitter Gulch Mine: The second transformation in Banjo Tooie occurs in Glitter Gulch Mine. Humba Wumba turns Banjo into his detonator form. In this transformation, Banjo can self-destruct himself to attack enemies and break open boulders. Self-destruct costs one honeycomb to perform the move as it also damages Banjo.
- Witchyworld: The third transformation in Banjo Tooie occurs in Witchyworld. The transformation that Humba Wumba will transform Banjo into is his Van form. In this form, Banjo is a large vehicle that has no health or air bars. Because of this, damage coming from enemies will not inflict any actual damage on Banjo. Also, Banjo will not lose air if he falls into water. Banjo's van form also comes with money, which will allow Banjo to participate in certain rides.
- Jolly Roger Lagoon: The fourth transformation in Banjo Tooie occurs in Jolly Roger Lagoon. Humba Wumba will transform Banjo into his submarine form. This transformation will allow you to travel to the bottom of the Lagoon to battle the boss, Lord Woo Fak Fak. This transformation is the only transformation that can battle a boss in all of the Banjo-Kazooie games.
- Terrydactyland: The fifth transformation in Banjo Tooie occurs in Terrydactyland. Humba Wumba will transform Banjo into a T-Rex. This is the only transformation that has two different variations. Humba Wumba can transform Banjo into a small T-Rex and a larger T-Rex. The small T-Rex can access more areas than it's larger version, but is generally weaker than Banjo himself. The small T-Rex can easily be damaged due to him not having much defense. The larger T-Rex can only access the main world. Banjo in this transformation is invincible just like his Witchyworld transformation. This transformation also comes with very powerful attacks that can kill many enemies at once. The idea of having a dinosaur transformation first came from Banjo-Kazooie, where Mumbo Jumbo mentions having a transformation of such in a different game.
- Grunty Industries: The sixth transformation in Banjo Tooie occurs in Grunty Industries. Humba Wumba will transform Banjo into a washing machine. Originally in Banjo-Kazooie, this transformation was first seen as a joke by Mumbo Jumbo, and he would instantly change Banjo back to normal. In Grunty Industries, this transformation has the highest amount of health compared to all of the other transformations in the game. This transformation has a high amount of weight and can also press buttons in other worlds which Banjo and Kazooie normally could not.
- Hailfire Peaks: The seventh transformation in Banjo Tooie occurs in Hailfire Peaks, where Humba Wumba turns Banjo into his snowball transformation. In this form, Banjo is able to grow and shrink in size just by rolling in snow. Banjo is also able to heal himself just by rolling in the snow. Banjo in this form can also attack enemies just by rolling over them. This transformation cannot survive very long on the fire side of Hailfire Peaks though as snow melts in hot temperatures.
- Cloud Cuckoo Land: The eighth transformation in Banjo Tooie occurs in Cloud Cuckoo Land, where Humba Wumba turns Banjo into his bumble-bee form. In this form, Banjo will be able to fly without the use of a Flight Pad, can shoot stingers to attack, and can also enter the Zubba's Nest. This transformation is similar to the transformation in Banjo-Kazooie's Click Clock Wood, where Banjo can be transformed into a bee by Mumbo Jumbo.
 Mumbo Jumbo
Despite Mumbo Jumbo's power of transformation given to Humba Wumba in Banjo Tooie, Mumbo now has a different role in the game. When Mumbo receives a Glowbo at any of the worlds, he is now able to perform spells and walk around in the world he is in.
 Banjo Tooie: Mumbo Jumbo's Spells
- Mayhem Temple - Summon: Mumbo's first spell of in the game, and it's a big one. Using this Mumbo summons and brings to life the giant statue, Golden Goliath. Once he is summoned you get control of him two minutes before the magic runs out and he becomes a statue again. Golden Goliath is invincible, capable of shattering rocks and breaking open a huge stone door with a mighty kick.
- Glitter Gulch Mine - Levitate: With this spell Mumbo can pick up heavy objects and let them move freely through the air. It is used to put the Jiggy Boulder into the crushing shed and pick up Chuffy and place him back on his tracks.
- Witchy World - Power: Mumbo calls down a bolt of lightning from the heavens, which strikes the old rides deactivated and powers them allowing them to be used by Banjo and Kazooie.
- Isle O' Hags - Cliff Top - Cure: With this spell Mumbo can cure any disease, however patients will have to ride Chuffy to be able to visit him.
- Jolly Roger's Lagoon - Sunlight: Mumbo manipulates the sun and sends a concentrated beam of sunlight into the lagoon. Doing this somehow oxygenates the water allowing Banjo and Kazooie to freely explore the depths of the lagoon without having to worry about drowning.
- Terrydactyl Land - Enlarge/Shrink: With this spell Mumbo can cause things to change their size. In the case of the stepping stones outside his skull and a small dinosaur he simply enlarges them, but with Wumba's Wigwam he can cause it to grow huge and then shrink it back to it's normal size. In the case of Wumba's Wigwam this also affects the size of the T-Rex Transformation.
- Grunty Industries - EMP: With this spell Mumbo sends out EMP waves which screw with the machines in Grunty Industries and cause them to malfunction. Unfortunately Grunty Industries are quite high tech and the machines will repair themselves quickly so Banjo must hurry back if he wants to make use of this spell.
- Hailfire Peaks - Revive: One of Mumbo's most powerful spells, with this he can bring back the dead.
- Cloud Cuckooland - Rain Dance: As you would expect with this spell Mumbo creates rain. The rain causes any magic beans Banjo has planted to grow into mighty beanstalks.
 Mumbo Tokens
Mumbo Tokens are silver skull like objects found in Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge. These objects are the old form of Glowbos. These objects originally gave Mumbo Jumbo the power to transform Banjo into different characters matching the environment he was in.
|Acorn | Banjo Statue | Beehive | Cheato Pages | Doubloons | Eggs | Feathers | Flight Pad | Glowbos | Jiggy | Mumbo Tokens | Musical Notes | Note Locked Doors | Turbo Trainers|
|Banjo-Kazooie | Banjo-Tooie | Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge | Banjo-Pilot | Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts|
Related ThreadsSuper Glowbo,ice key,and Kazooie Dragon - last post @ Mar 20, 2002
Glitter Gulch Mine - Cannot find Glowbo to change to Mumbo - last post by @ Jan 27, 2002
where do i find a mega glowbo - last post by @ Apr 29, 2007
glowbos - last post by @ Aug 26, 2006
mega glowbos - last post @ Jul 6, 2006