A picture of one of Cheato's torn pages.
|Series Appearance||Banjo Tooie|
|Effect||Allows Cheato to remember his cheats.|
Cheato for many long months had endured the pain of all of his pages being ripped out by Gruntilda Winkybunion. Because of this, Cheato is unable to help Banjo at the beginning of the game due to the fact he can no longer remember the cheats on his pages. If a total of five pages in Banjo Tooie are collected and returned to Cheato, in return, he will give Banjo some special enhancements.
 Cheato Pages In Banjo Tooie
Three Cheato Pages can be found in every level of Banjo Tooie. Once you collect a total of five pages, Banjo will need to go back to Cheato in Spiral Mountain and exchange them for one of his special cheats or spells. Collecting many of Cheato's Pages will be necessary to complete the game.
 Banjo Tooie Cheats
- Feathers Cheat: The first cheat that Cheato will teach you is how to collect feathers. Once you learn this cheat, you will be able to use Flight Pads and fly with Kazooie whenever you can without worrying of running out of feathers.. You will also be able to collect more feathers now and use them. While you are in the Code Chamber, type in "FEATHERS", and you will be able to hold double the feathers you could before. Now, you will be able to have 200 regular red feathers in your inventory, and 20 gold feathers.
- Eggs Cheat: The second cheat that Cheato will teach you is how to use and collect more eggs. This will allow you to shoot eggs at a far range and not run out as quickly. Some eggs, like the Grenade Egg, are very powerful, and there cheat is great so you won't need to stock up as much. You will be able to hold. Enter the code "EGGS" in the Code Chamber to activate this cheat. You will now be able to hold 200 normal eggs, 100 fire eggs, 100 ice eggs, 50 grenade eggs, and 20 clockwork eggs.
- Immune to Falling Cheat: The third cheat will make it so that whenever you fall, you won't be injured by the impact of when you hit the ground. Enter the code, "FALLPROOF" in the Code Chamber to activate this code. You will be immune to falling at all times with this cheat.
- Honey Comb Restore Cheat: The fourth cheat will restore your Honey Comb (health) supply. If you are not at a full capacity honey comb state, then after about 10 seconds, your honey combs will be restored, one by one until you are fully healed again. Use the code, "HONEYBACK" in the Code Chamber to activate this code. It is very useful.
- Operating Jukebox Cheat: This cheat will allow the old Jukebox in Jolly Roger's Lagoon play music. This was apparently broken when you first visited the land.
The game, Banjo-Kazooie did not have any form of Cheato pages at all. Instead, if Cheato was found hidden in Spiral Mountain, then he would give Banjo a cheat as an accomplishment reward. There were only three cheats in Banjo-Kazooie, most of which are similar to the Banjo Tooie cheats. Both games have cheats which enhance the amount of red and gold feathers that can be held in Banjo and Kazooie's inventory. When Grunty found out about this betrayal later on in the game, she decided to take her wrath out on her Cheat book by ripping out his pages and distributing them in the various worlds in the second game, Tooie. By doing this, Cheato cannot use his cheats to help the duo out anymore.
 Banjo-Kazooie Cheats
- Eggs Cheat: This is the first cheat in Banjo-Kazooie. Cheato, for this cheat, will be hiding behind a rock near the Freezeezy Peak puzzle. To access it, Banjo must be in his crocodile transformation. This transformation is performed by Mumbo Jumbo in Bubblegloop Swamp. After the large rock is destroyed, Banjo in his crocodile form must go in the small opening. There, he will find Cheato. The first cheat in the game is just simply, "BLUEEGGS". This cheat can be entered by going to the sandcastle in Treasure Trove Cove and typing the word on the floor. This code will allow Banjo to double the amount of eggs he can carry in the game from 50 to 100.
- Red Feathers Cheat: This is the second cheat in the game. Cheato, like in the Eggs Cheat, is hidden in the walls of the mountain again. This time, he can be found in a secret entrance near the entrance to Gobi's Valley. Accessing Cheato will required his pumpkin transformation from Mad Monster Mansion first. After Mumbo has performed the transformation, return to Gobi's Valley and go through the small entrance in the wall. The second cheat in the game is simply, "REDFEATHERS". By entering this code in the sandcastle in Treasure Trove Cove, Banjo will now have doubled the amount of feathers he can hold from 50 to 100.
- Gold Feathers Cheat: This is the last cheat in the game. To the left of the entrance to Mad Monster's Mansion will be a gate. Smash the gate open. Banjo will then need to go into Mad Monster's Mansion and have Mumbo transform him into his pumpkin form. In this form, Banjo will be able to squeeze through the small entrance. In the path, a small house is visible. Once inside, Mumbo must transform Banjo back into his original form. Next, Banjo will need to hit the small switch the raise the level of the water. The other two switches located in other water bodies of the mountain must be hit. A timer will shortly appear afterwards. From the Rusty Bucket Bay entrance, Banjo must then get up to Cheato for the final cheat. The last cheat in the game is, "GOLDFEATHERS". By entering this cheat in the sandcastle, Banjo will now have double the capacity in his inventory of gold feathers (20).
|Acorn | Banjo Statue | Beehive | Cheato Pages | Doubloons | Eggs | Feathers | Flight Pad | Glowbos | Jiggy | Mumbo Tokens | Musical Notes | Note Locked Doors | Turbo Trainers|
|Banjo-Kazooie | Banjo-Tooie | Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge | Banjo-Pilot | Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts|
Related ThreadsCheato pages - last post by @ Jun 30, 2004
How do you get that last cheato page HailFire Peaks? - last post by @ Aug 15, 2003
THIRD CHEATO SPELLBOOK - last post by @ Apr 30, 2011